Release of LispWorks 7.0
Cambridge, England, 05 May 2015
LispWorks Ltd is pleased to announce the release of LispWorks 7.0 on Windows®, Macintosh®, x86/x86_64 Linux®, ARM Linux®, FreeBSD®, AIX®, x86/x64 Solaris™ and SPARC/Solaris™ platforms. Also, new LispWorks for Mobile Runtime products target Android and iOS apps.
LispWorks 7.0 brings these new features:
- 32-bit implementation for ARM Linux.
- 32-bit and 64-bit implementations for PowerPC/AIX.
- Java interface.
- Characters and strings support all Unicode planes.
- Editor supports Unicode entire range, including Chinese and Japanese characters.
- Improved documentation including consolidation of CAPI manuals with more cross references, and more self-contained examples.
- Code coverage tools.
- Asynchronous socket I/O and UDP sockets.
- Editor supports more fonts on Cocoa.
- Support for multi-touch gestures.
- Graphic Tools API (beta quality).
- More CAPI enhancements including efficient transient display on output-panes.
- Improvements in the IDE including Directory mode and buffers list options in Editor.
- Various other new features including:
- Thread-safe operations for ensuring a hash table entry.
- Efficient access for 8-bit simple vectors.
- FLI type for holding the address of a foreign symbol (suitable for C to Lisp callbacks).
- 64-bit integer FLI types in 32-bit LispWorks.
- Efficient raw 64-bit arithmetic and vector access in 64-bit LispWorks.
- UTF-16 and KOI8-R encodings.
- CLOS optimizations for copying objects.
- On Windows, delivered DLLs can use a private copy of the MSVCRT runtime.
- On Macintosh, the Cocoa IDE's event loop has better error handling and a new defense against deadlocks.
- Bug fixes.
Not all features are supported for every LispWorks product and platform. Please see the feature table for details.
LispWorks Professional (64-bit implementation now available) and Enterprise Editions still offer excellent value to commercial users and academic institutions with no runtime license fees. An annual maintenance contract is available.
LispWorks Hobbyist and HobbyistDV Editions now offer an affordable fully functional Common Lisp IDE for non-commercial and non-academic use by individuals.
LispWorks for Android Runtime allows you to deliver (non-GUI) Lisp libraries which you can incorporate into Android apps ("mobile Lisp libraries"). It is available as an add-on to customers with LispWorks 7.0, which you use to develop your code before creating the mobile Lisp library. We do not charge runtime license fees for mobile Lisp libraries generated by LispWorks for Android Runtime.
LispWorks for iOS Runtime allows you to deliver (non-GUI) Lisp libraries which you can incorporate into iOS apps. It is available as an add-on to customers with LispWorks 7.0, which you use to develop your code before creating the mobile Lisp library. We do not charge runtime license fees for mobile Lisp libraries generated by LispWorks for iOS Runtime.
More details of the improvements in this release can be found in the Release Notes.
Pricing information for LispWorks 7.0 is here.
Owners of LispWorks maintenance contracts valid at 31 December 2014 are entitled to free upgrades to LispWorks 7.0. We will contact you by email with your upgrade information. If you are entitled to the upgrade and do not receive our email today, please tell us at .
Evaluate LispWorks 7.0 prior to a possible purchase.
LispWorks for iOS Runtime - 64-bit
Currently LispWorks for iOS Runtime generates only 32-bit libraries. We will update it to also generate 64-bit libraries (required for the App Store).
Contact LispWorks Ltd
For product information, evaluation licenses, sales and service renewals contact LispWorks Ltd at:www.lispworks.com/buy
For technical support contact LispWorks Ltd at:www.lispworks.com/support
LispWorks Ltd: Dave Fox +44 1223 421861