Release of LispWorks 6.1
Cambridge, England, 27 January 2012
LispWorks Ltd is pleased to announce the release of LispWorks 6.1 on Windows®, Macintosh®, Linux®, FreeBSD®, x86/x64 Solaris™, SPARC/Solaris™ and HP-UX platforms.
LispWorks 6.1 brings these new features:
- Environment access API (
- High-quality drawing on all platforms including anti-aliasing.
- Native printing on GTK+
- Some support for input methods
- Writing image files (JPEG, PNG, TIFF etc)
- Drag'n'drop improvements on GTK+
capi:browser-paneon Windows and Cocoa
- Support for multiple monitors
- Further extensions to the multiprocessing API
- IPv6 support in sockets
- Foreign blocks in the FLI.
- ASDF2 included
- 64-bit implementation for FreeBSD
- Improved documentation and more example code
- Various other new features, enhancements in CAPI and improvements in the IDE
- Many bug fixes
Not all features are supported for every LispWorks product and platform. Please see the feature table for details.
More details of the improvements in this release can be found in the Release Notes.
Pricing information for LispWorks 6.1 is here.
Owners of current LispWorks maintenance contracts are entitled to free upgrades to LispWorks 6.1. We will contact you by email with your upgrade information. If you are entitled to the upgrade and do not receive our email today, please tell us at.
Evaluate LispWorks 6.1 prior to a possible purchase.
LispWorks 6.1 Personal Edition
LispWorks 6.1 Personal Edition will be released later in 2012.
Contact LispWorks Ltd
For product information, evaluation licenses, sales and service renewals contact LispWorks Ltd at:www.lispworks.com/buy
For technical support contact LispWorks Ltd at:www.lispworks.com/support
LispWorks Ltd: Dave Fox +44 1223 421861