Dunlap & Partners Engineers
Consultant: William P. Proffitt
Dunlap & Partners are a full-service engineering firm in Richmond, VA providing mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection engineering design and commissioning services.
They have used LispWorks since early 2008 to create tools for:
- Automatic Project management report generation and distribution.
- Project and time record data mining.
- Data mining for client invoicing.
- Time record policing, submission and approval.
- Employee benefit report generation and distribution.
These tools are used to perform many tasks:
- Compile information from Microsoft Access Databases.
- Automatically generate and distribute reports for use in weekly planning meetings.
- Police submissions of time records (screenshot below) and notify delinquent employees or management as necessary.
- Handle submission and approval of time record information.
- Track budget, resources, and project completion.
- Automatically generate and distribute employee benefit status reports.
- Copy and appropriately modify projects that are similar to previous projects, for use by staff. This reduces errors and decreases time worked on the project.
|Dunlap's Time Sheet Approval window.|
|Click image to enlarge|
Dunlap & Partners chose Common Lisp on the advice of consultant William Proffitt, who has decades of experience with Visual/Autolisp. He identified rapid development and fast runtimes as key advantages Common Lisp would bring.
They chose LispWorks for:
- CAPI, allowing GUI development for Microsoft Windows platform.
- No runtime royalties on software developed.
- Nice development IDE, especially the ability to change settings to Windows keystrokes over Emacs.
- Ability to compile to distributable standalone executable.
- LispWorks reputation.
- Affordable IDE.
Dunlap & Partners: www.DunlapPartners.com