3 Error Conditions
3.2 Points to Remember You should keep the following points in mind when using the Loop Facility:
- Check termination conditions.
- Check the spelling of loop keywords.
- Use the loop keywords
else only in
- Do not follow the loop keyword
do with an atom.
- Check that all
when constructs have a complementary
repeat constructs only in the loop prologue.
- Do not use
repeat iteration inside conditional constructs.
- Use unique names for variables within a loop.
- Define all loop method extensions before using them.
- Avoid type conflicts by checking the syntax of ''loop constructs.''
- Make certain that accumulation variables have a data type that is appropriate for the values being accumulated.
- Do not use the same variable more than once in a lambda list.
- Do not use function or method names that are obsolete.
The Loop Facility - 9 SEP 1996
Generated with Harlequin WebMaker