13.1 Examining information about methods
13.1.4 Description area The Description area shows a description of the method selected in the Methods area. The following information is listed:
To operate on any of the items displayed in this area, select them and choose a command from the Description menu. This menu contains the standard action commands described in Section 3.8 on page 43. You can operate on more than one item at once by making a multiple selection in this area.
- Generic Function
- The name of the generic function on which the method is defined.
- The class of the generic function on which the method is defined.
- Lambda List
- The lambda list of the generic function.
- The class of method combination for the generic function.
- The method object that is selected in the Methods area.
- Method Class
- The method class of which the selected method is an instance.
- Method Signature
- The signature for the selected method.
Common LispWorks User Guide, Liquid Common Lisp Version 5.0 - 18 OCT 1996
Generated with Harlequin WebMaker