8 The Editor
8.10 Cutting, copying and pasting using the kill ring The editor provides a sophisticated range of commands for cutting or copying text onto a special kind of clipboard, known as the kill ring, and then pasting that text back into your editor later on. There are three steps in the process, as follows:
- Marking a region of text.
- Cutting or copying the text in that region to place it in the kill ring.
- Pasting the text from the kill ring back into a buffer.
- 8.10.1 - Marking the region
- 8.10.2 - Cutting or copying text
- 8.10.3 - Pasting text
Common LispWorks User Guide, Liquid Common Lisp Version 5.0 - 18 OCT 1996
Generated with Harlequin WebMaker